Friday, February 11, 2011

im thinking in British

So, i've learned a few things since the first post was written.  Its now the second night. 

When I got back to the hostel I was able to check in and immediately got in the shower.  Mid day, so not too many people were here and the shower had hot water :)  I got back to the room and was laying in bed in the computer, contemplating taking a nap and planning dinner with Derek, the boy from the plane, via facebook.  Then someone came in the room.  a roommate!  Long blonde hair and a british accent.  Her name is Steph and she incredibly nice, we talked for about 15 minutes and, as she put it, "we got on great" hahaha we sure do.  She told me about her cell phone troubles and I told her about mine so off we went down to Bondi to find the phone store.  Good thing I went with her because when you take the streets, opposed to the 25 minute cliff walk, it was only 3 blocks and 5 minutes away.  As Dorian accurately told me the other day, I have no sense of spacial awareness.  duh. 
Well, my phone still doesn't work boo but D is going to Verizon for me tomorrow to get it up and running i hope.  then she and I walked up and down the beach bonding over our sunburns and love for the australian accent. We came back to the room and were planning on getting dinner with Derek.  he was supposed to meet us at the McDonalds at 730.  By the time 8 rolled around we were both so starving that we had to move on and get dinner without him.  Ate at a place called Bondi Pizza, 25dollars each! for a pizza.  It was freakishly deliscous though and made us both about 10x happier.  We walked back to the room and got ready for bed.  With the light still on, considering it was only 930 it wasn't too weird, we both passed out. 

Today I woke up at 10 after the most glorious 12 hour nights sleep I've ever had.  Tried to meet up with Morgan, the girl from the plane, at 11 for a walking tour of Sydney but I didn't make it in time.  Instead I wandered, had an icecream, checked out the Opera House and walked around Circular Quay (pronounced "key"...oz is strange) and then took the bus back.  Was going to nap but then had things to do online.  Need to buy a ticket to New Zeland and decide which city I'm flying back to.  Im going to meet Piri for a bit in the Bay of Islands...EVERYONE GOOGLE IT NOW :) because i'm sooo excited to go there!

Also, Steph and I booked a twin room at Noahs hostel, which is literally right across the street from the ocean for when we check out Monday for about 8 or days.  I can't remember.  But I'm glad we 'get on' so well!

Now we're off to meet the boys we met on the beach in the city.  he's been texting her and the first thing he said was 'hey gorgeous'...I think its gonna be a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment