Sunday, April 24, 2011

It has been 21 since I last posted.  My bad. 

I've been in Byron Bay the whole time though and not much of interest has happened.  Beach all day- tanning, ocean, volleyball, football and soccer.  Then dinner and going out or watching movies at night.  We were there for a grand total of 6 weeks--5 weeks longer than was planned.  : D  totally worth it. 

Now I'm in Noosa!  Took the bus to Brisbane and then to Noosa.  On the second bus I met some guys from Hawai'i who are in the Coast Guard and just on a two week vacation.  Chris was already here when I got here (my travel buddy for the east coast!)  and the guys are staying here too.  The four of us went sailing yesterday!  I even go to steer the boat :)  while Chris went on a 5hour death trap bike ride.  He got back covered in mud and full of stories about big rocks and steep hills and almost falling.  Exactly why I decided to do the sailing.  All that entailed was sitting and looking out for sharks.  Then at night at the hostel there was this guy playing the guitar and singing and he was really good so it was nice to sit and drink some beers and eat some pizza and talk and meet people. 

Today, Chris and I just got back from the longest hike EVER.  Been back for an hour and my feet still hurt.  We went through a national park, along a foot path, through a forest, I almost tripped looking for koalas about 10 times--didn't see any :(   down a hill, across a beach, through some nudists, up a shit ton of stairs and then back down the other side, along another beach, up even more stairs, through a residential area, along the highway and then, finally, we were back in Noosa.  Apparently the trail we took just ended at the beach.  It didn't loop. 

photo while playing 4square at about 5pm in Byron

Steph and I at Cheeky Monkey's.  Thats right--VIP area ;)

SAILBOAT!

Chris--travel buddy for the East Coast Adventure!

Hiking in the National Park, Noosa

Can't get your shoes wet....

Sunshine Beach--end of trail, still 2 hours from the hostel

Finally back in the right town!


Dinner at Cheeky Monkeys--this was supposed to be the first picture....

No comments:

Post a Comment